Protect the Watercraft you use for your hobbies, in your lifestyle, and just for fun in the sun!
There’s nothing like a day on the water with friends and family, or just enjoying a solo fishing or sailing day. Your hobbies, lifestyle, and recreation are important, and the vessels you use during that time represent a significant investment. That’s why the Addison Insurance Agency is proud to offer coverage for any and all types of boats and watercraft. From runabouts, jet-skis and personal watercraft, bass and ski boats, cabin cruisers, and pontoons to sailboats, houseboats, classic collector boats, wooden boats and even yachts, we’re certain we have the right policy to protect you on both inland and ocean trips! The Addison Insurance Agency works with multiple companies to provide insurance for watercraft that help you enjoy your passions and hobbies. Often, having a separate policy for these types of vehicles is a much better use of your insurance dollars and provides coverage not offered by adding these items by a standard home policy.
Just a few of these benefits include:
- Bodily injury & property damage liability (BI/PD)- Pays for damages to other watercraft and injuries to other boaters and passengers. This will also pay for legal expenses if you’re sued.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Boater- It’s a common question: what happens if another boater who doesn’t have insurance hits your boat and injures you? Sometimes, they’ll pay for damages. But if they don’t have insurance, you may have to pay. This coverage will then pay for your injuries/medical bills and lost wages if you can’t work.
- Full coverage for fishing equipment or carry-on items - You can get full replacement cost for personal property you carry on your boat such as fishing equipment, scuba gear and even phones or other items that are lost/stolen. We can often provide coverage for items that are regularly stored on the boat as well.
- Propulsion and mechanical breakdown coverage – Our carriers will pay to repair or replace the lower unit of an outboard motor, or upper & lower units of an inboard/outboard motor if you have a mechanical breakdown. And yes, they’ll still cover it if it’s caused by general wear and tear.
- Fuel Spill, Wreckage Recovery, and Much More- We can offer coverage to clean fuel spills, recover capsized vessels, and have many other specialty coverages available.
Make sure your time on the water is properly protected, contact the Addison Insurance Agency to learn more about a boat and watercraft insurance policy by calling 770-675- 9175, or completing the short quote request form!